Tuesday 5 March 2013

Art gaming

New day or late evening of a new day, yes, that's it.

So what I've been doing lately is, apart from procrastinating, working on the new prospect provided by my purchase of:-





Yes, I've entered the world dominated by Jrpgs, that is Japanese Role-Playing Games. Though my opinion that they aren't really much of anything to do with roleplaying aside, this could well be the way forwards for me, as there are many groups seeking commercial standard team members and so here I am, with stylus and tablet at the ready, putting together a bit of a portfolio.

I'm going to start this with doing artworks for opening screens, character art, and also even sprites and such.  I think it's more commercially promising than anything else I've been trying so far.

So wish me luck, for what it's worth, heh.

I'm also going to attempt a project of my own, for the ol' portfolio, as a sample of what I can do with my brain and my fingers, with maybe an eye or two thrown into the mix, and also some other organs perhaps...

My starting point is just posting on the forums, so that people get used to me.  So after I've made a bit of a nuisance of myself now, I'm going to attempt some art challenges on there, the first of which is to attempt this:-
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6655-the-daily-sketch-thread/

The 25 minute result:-


No comments:

Post a Comment