Tuesday 2 April 2013

Rounding off March.

March, the month where it snowed and my neighbours still left the front door open on the flats where I live.  I'm convinced that humanity is really just composed of people who're full of self interest.

The art I pushed onwards with this month was:-
The screen to the game I'm making, though I'm still not sure of the name...  I was thinking "The Ice-shaper" but the more I look at the picture, well the less I feel that I should be trying to change it to fit the title of the story, even though I haven't really got much of an idea of the overall story, beyond a few basics that is.

This is the start screen:-
Which I started the other week, testing google hang-outs. :)

Well I'm stuck with it at the moment, because I can't work out what I need to do to improve it.  I'm not that good an artist.  It's supposed to be a foggy snow scene, with the mystery figure, who will probably be the one to blame for all the bad stuff happening in the game...

I worked on some 3D stuff too, and spent a few days tearing my hair out, as it was better than head-butting the monitor.  It's supposed to be for the untimely death screen of the game, with game over in it's middle.  I was trying to run a physics simulation on it though, with trying to get coins to fall correctly, so I had a small pile of treasure, plus the basic items, but it took over 26 hours and was still going. I reallllly need a better PC.


It's an attempted remodelling and render of a scene I created back in the day for someone else's game, with truespace 4.3.  The package I use today is Daz Carrara, though I'm kindof ashamed to admit that to most people as it really is a 'lower end' piece of software that only poor people use... But yeah, I'm poor :(.

The old version (made in truespace) is here:- deviantart.

I've been doing other things too, but most aren't huge or wonderful. Like making a banner to link to my deviantart account, for forum signatures and whatnot:
-
I've done little things mostly, watched videos on how to be someone who's actually good at art, and then the big project was the game.. I've had RPGMaker VX ACE for just over a month now, and don't feel like I've produced a whole lot with it.  That's detailed in my other blog though, relating to game art.

That's the round-up done for March, hopefully I'll have some new stuff to post here soon this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment